Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Awareness
The mission of IDEA is to enhance and uphold a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture at 1919. The IDEA team helps shape our firm’s diversity and inclusion actions and execute related projects in partnership with our valued employees, clients, and broader community.
IDEA gathers a varied team of 1919 employees to fulfill its stated mission and emphasize the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion at our firm. Our work is rooted in continuous learning, with a deep understanding of our current strengths and areas for improvement. Ongoing analysis – both quantitative and qualitative – informs our actions.
Our Strategic Priorities
- Infrastructure: Prepare, document, and communicate the firm’s Commitment Statement to inclusion, diversity, equity, and awareness.
- Education: Create a Learning Journey for managers and employees at all levels to emphasize our inclusive culture.
- Talent & Equity: Emphasize clarity, communication, and transparency around career paths, promotions, and raises.
- Community Partnerships: Increase our commitment to our communities in areas of social justice, access, partnership, and education.
- Communication & Brand: Align 1919 communication and brand family with DEI efforts (i.e. website, marketing collateral, social media).