1919 Investment Counsel, LLC’s commitment to being a responsible corporate citizen is one of our priorities. We believe that our firm’s dedication to doing the right thing is paramount in all of our dealings—whether acting on behalf of our clients, our employees, or our environment.
1919 Investment Counsel, LLC strives to enrich the communities in which we live and work through employee volunteerism and community engagement. We actively encourage our associates to lend their time and talent to organizations across our communities, and our employees play an active role in helping to make our philanthropic interests and community outreach successful and sustainable.
1919 Investment Counsel, LLC is proud to be a diverse company that promotes respect, integrity and teamwork and encourages new ideas and perspectives. Our associates foster, support and value a diverse and inclusive workforce, through recruitment and retention programs, as well as through training and mentoring.
1919 Investment Counsel, LLC makes donations to various organizations throughout the year, many that focus on local community events or charities.
“If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people.” Confucius
On behalf of our clients, at year-end we show our appreciation by contributing to an organization whose mission and work support a cause that we feel is relevant in our world.
Listed below are organizations that we have contributed to in our year-end giving campaign. We have progressed from the short-term view of planting trees to the long-term view of teaching and empowering people to improve their lives.
- In 2016, Operation USA (opusa.org), an international disaster relief and development agency was chosen for its commitment to helping communities at home and abroad overcome the effects of disasters, disease, violence and endemic poverty.
- In 2015, Ranked No. 1 on Charity Navigator’s list of the ten best charities, we chose DirectRelief (DirectRelief.org). DirectRelief is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with a stated mission to “improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergency situations by mobilizing and providing essential medical resources needed for their care.”
- In 2014, we chose Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders (msf.org). MSF was founded in Paris, France in 1971. The non-profit, self-governed organisation’s work is based on humanitarian principles. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
- In 2013, The Seeing Eye (SeeingEye.org) was the recipient of our annual contribution. Established in 1929, The Seeing Eye is the oldest guide dog school in the world. The non-profit provides specially bred and trained dogs to guide people who are blind and offers lifetime assistance for each Seeing Eye team.
- In 2012, our search lead us to Communities In Schools (communitiesinschools.org), an organization that provides students with support thus empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
- In 2011, we selected Jobs for the Future (JFF.org), an organization whose mission is to identify, develop, and promote education and workforce strategies that expand opportunities for those who are struggling to advance in America today.
- In 2010, we made a contribution to America’s Promise Alliance, an organization that focuses on improving lives and changing outcomes for children by promoting education.
- In 2009, mindful of the increasing population of hungry Americans, we donated money to Feeding America, an organization that provides food to more than 25 million low-income people facing hunger in the United States, including more than 9 million children and 3 million seniors.
- In 2008, we sponsored a project through WaterPartners International that helped several communities in Bangladesh build the infrastructure to provide clean water to their people.
- In 2007, we initiated our annual sustainability giving by donating to the Arbor Day Foundation, and planting over 25,000 trees.